We combined zip lining, caving and rappelling into one fun heart-pounding adventure to create an experience that you won’t forget.
After a safety briefing, the tour sets off with a short 10-minute hike up the trail that meanders through the foothills of the Maya Mountains, your guide will highlight plants and wildlife as you make your way to the cave site. After descending (rappelling) 30ft into the cave which extends up to 100 ft. around, observe stalagmites and stalactites inching towards each other to someday form a solid column. Look out for cave crickets, cave spiders, centipedes, millipedes, beetles, moths, bats and also birds that nest near the caves entrance. Caves in this area were used by the Maya and clay pots and shards are strewn throughout the cave. After a 30-minute tour we exit the cave via a rope ladder and move onto to the ziplines. This leads us to an extreme 400ft long, 280ft high zipline from foothill to foothill boasting a great view of the rainforest below. Dismount the zipline on a 125ft rope bridge to get to the rappel site. Now this brings us to the most heart pounding part of the adventure! One final rappel but this time a 200ft drop down a rock face which seems to stop time.
After rappelling a 20-minutes nature walk bring us to a well-deserved tasty Belizean lunch.
• The minimum height requirement is 42 inches
• This tour is not recommended if you are pregnant
• Guests must be fit enough for a moderate jungle hiking
• For your safety you are not allowed to carry any loose objects, such as unstrapped bags, cell phones, camera poles or selfie sticks, or any objects that must be carried in your hands while on the ziplines
• All guests must fit into the safety harness to participate. The maximum waist limit the harness will allow is 46 inches.
• There is no weight limit for this tour
• Tour duration for 3 or less guests is 1.5 hours; larger groups will take a bit longer depending on the number of guests
- Safety harness
- Safety helmets
- Tour guides
What To Bring?
- Insect repellent
- Sun protection
What to wear:
- Long pants
- Closed footwear must be worn. Tennis or hiking shoes are recommended.
Prices are as follows and can be purchased as an addon when booking your tour.
From San Pedro Ambergris Caye
San Pedro to Nohoch Che’en (RETURN) With Maya Island Air ———$ 149.00 Per Person
San Pedro to Nohoch Che’en (RETURN) With San Pedro Water Taxi ———-$89.00 Per Person
NOTE: Person who have purchased their transfer and tours online will be met in San Pedro at either the Maya Island Air terminal or the water taxi terminal and will be issued tickets and vouchers of the day’s activities.
On arrival in Belize City transfers continue to Nohoch Chen Archaeological reserve where Caves Branch Outpost is located. All tours featured by Cave Branch outpost operate in this venue.
From Belize City
Belize City to Nohoch Che’en Archaeological your tour venue——$45.00 us
Person who have purchased their transfer and tours online will be met in ____________________